Enjoy the latest edition of Windows Blue
Download Windows 8 for free! Microsoft has launched a new version of the Windows operating system, Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition, a great chance to try out all the innovations included regarding previous versions.
The people at Redmond have tried to reinvent the popular operating system with Windows Blue. The drive of the new mobile and tactile devices has had a direct impact on the development of this new OS.
New Windows 8 Modern UI Interface and start screen
The new Windows 8 Modern UI tactile interface of Windows is a real revolution. Previously known as Metro, it has a clearly graphic aspect, following the line set forth by Windows Phone. Your contents and applications are organized and structured into blocks that you'll have the possibility to customize. Nevertheless, even though lightly based on the phone operating system, they have greatly improved how it is handled and it is a lot more efficient and effective.
New applications launched in Windows 8 Modern UI occupy the full screen and they 'forget' about toolbars and similar elements. These applications are immersive. What's more, they are no longer individual elements that attached to the operating system, they now become part of it and of one another, in such a way that the contents and the information from one application will automatically be available to use in another.
We have reinvented Windows.
The system's Start screen was one of the most criticized aspects by users. In this Windows Blue, the start screen has been redesigned regarding the first versions, although it maintains the innovating master lines of the beginning.
The customization options of this environment have also been expanded. Apart from having a much more assorted palette of colours or offering the possibility to import your own images, you have four different sizes for icons.
And the desktop?
This new concept doesn't eliminate the traditional desktop that everyone is so used to. As if it were yet another application, Windows 8 has its own desktop, which is a copy of the one used in Windows 7. You will also use it with each application that isn't compatible with Modern UI.
Nevertheless, the activity center will now be the welcome screen, where it will be possible to access all the components of Windows 8 be it using a tactile system or a conventional keyboard and mouse.
Just like Apple and Google, Microsoft has the idea in mind of creating their own Windows 8 virtual shop where it will be possible to access all the applications at the same time. Christened as the Windows Store, it's a direct gesture towards developers in such a way that it will allow them to distribute their products in a more cost-effective manner.
Thus, the users will be able to enjoy a service similar to the App Store by Apple in Windows 8.
- Compatible with keyboards, mouse, stylus and even your fingers on a touch screen.
- Can be used with a desktop PC, laptop, netbook, tablet...
- Compatible with Windows 7 programs.
- New Internet Explorer 10.
- New chip architecture. It boots up immediately.
- Intelligent battery use.
- Greater integration of OneDrive.
- Share screenshots from the "Charms Bar".
- Compatible with any programming language.
- Multitask support, dividing the screen into two to offer space for your applications.
- Reformulated search system: searches on the OS and within applications.
What's new in Windows 8.1 Enterprise RTM
- New home screen.
- Improvement of the management features.
- Increased security.
- Better integration with mobile devices.
- Skype integrated as instant messaging platform.
- Improved user experience.
Start downloading Windows 8.1 Enterprise for free and try out all the updates and improvements included by Microsoft to turn the system into what it should always have been.
- This is a trial version that can be tried out for 90 days. To use this trial, you have to complete the activation before October 31st, 2014.
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise is offered as an ISO image. To use it you will have to transform it into a bootable product by storing it on a DVD or USB pendrive.
- For the 64-bit installations of Windows 8.1 Enterprise, the CPU must also be compatible with CMPXCHG16b, PrefetchW AND LAHF/SAHF.
- To use Windows 8.1 Enterprise you must logon to your computer with a Microsoft account.
- During the installation, Windows will ask you to activate it. This software doesn't require a product key. You can find more information here.
- After the trial period, you must replace the operating system of your system and reinstall all the programs and data. The trial edition cannot be updated to a licensed version of Windows 8.1 Enterprise. You have to carry out a clean installation.